Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lanvin loves H&M

So I just found out about another collaboration today: Lanvin artistic director Alber Elbaz worked on a haute couture collection for H&M. It began selling in select H&M stores on November 20th. Here are some key pieces from the campaign. Clothing prices range from about $50 - $300. (This may be old news, but bear with me).

Promotional Concept: Different stories all happening in one French hotel. Seems very inspired from Stanley Kubrick's "The Shinging" (mostly because of the twin maids).

Fashion Concept: Seems very "Va va voom" French girl combined with Juicy Couture princess.

Video Promotions:


Interesting video. I don't think it's amazing, but it has a brand and personality. This concept is overused though.




So this is the fashion show. It's a bit cheap looking, but I'll admit... I wouldn't mind having a few of the pieces. Personsally the jewelry seems the weakest to me. Plastic flower? C'mon Lanvin. You're SO much classier than than. I do like their shoes though.. as well as the t-shirts. I would have to see the dresses in real life to see the details before I judge those.




Not sure that I've heard of this blogger before, but she is ADORABLE. H&M is obviously trying to key into the "blogger trend" by having this promotional video on their website.


Website:

The stylized bubbles are interesting. They look illustrated and not digital. They pop up ad fade away, creating a kind of "story."

You can "zoom up" to a room.

You can also "zoom in" on the details of the clothes.

One also has the ability of rotating the model to see the clothes from 3 different angles.

So overall.... EH. Nothing too amazing. They've created a brand. It works with the H&M look. But somewhere along the way, Lanvin got lost. Where's it's class and personality? It's barely tricking where it could be shining.

I say: Too much press and not enough REAL value.

Visit the H&M website: here

No comments:

Post a Comment