Monday, November 15, 2010

"Ugly but Great"

So something came up in class recently that was very interesting. The idea of "Ugly but great" things. I thought to myself, that's true but really hard to do. Well, here it is on something I spotted while internet shopping - and it's hilarious. Take a look:



Stretched type is one of the biggest "no-no's" in graphic design. Yet there's something so funny and great about this.

Walking that fine line of horribly outdated, corny, and "geek, vintage, cool" that seems in be a trend these days.

It's funny how the section title arcs when I click on it. lol


^Taken from "Brand New."
Bing's stretched logo isn't nearly as charming though, as the "Brand New" blog says HERE (*Apparently, Urban Outfitters was also seen on the "Brand New" blog: HERE)

Cheers to taking chances UO! I like it. Even if this is just a corny/trendy thing, they pulled it off and that's a hard thing to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment