Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Go Lady Gaga!

So Lady Gaga at the VMAs was very interesting of course. Her first speech made me cry, especially when she mentioned Alexander McQueen and that her and her monsters were "cool kids on the block." I'm so emotional xD.

Anywayyyy, something that I didn't notice until just now was a close up of her meat dress! It's actually REAL MEAT. Take a look:

Believe it or not, I didn't really notice the dress while watching the VMAs.

Awesome shoes! The butcher string is just the right touch.

These are vintage jewels. Pretty cool huh? I think it's wonderful. (btw, LOVE her nail color, kinda similar to one I just bought)

She was seen in a meat bikini in VOGUE Hommes Japan, so the dress didn't exactly pop out of thin air.


So, I think this is cool and all, but I wish this dress stood for something a little bit more than "I don't want people treating me like meat." I thought it was going to be, stop processed foods or a commentary about the horrible meat packing industry. Perhaps I was too hopeful. A small misunderstanding and somewhat of a disappointment for me. Ever since seeing FIT's Eco-Fashion exhibit, I'm a little bit against Fashion for Fashion's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment